Hi friends! Today I’m going to share a big list of self-improvement tips with you. If you’ve been reading this blog for a while now you know I’m a big fan of minimalism. I love using minimalism as a tool to save money, time and energy which can make my life easier and more enjoyable.
In this article, all the self-improvement ideas that I’ve covered will help you streamline your life and improve yourself every day. Whether you’re a minimalist or not, if you want to change your life and for the better, this article is for you!
They are also the best tips that you’ll find helpful in your personal growth journey too!
It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you try to do too much at a time. Choose one and stick to it for 30 days until it becomes a routine. And then you can try another one. Are you ready to challenge yourself? Okay, let’s get started.
This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
How to Improve Yourself Every Day and Make Your Life Better
Health and Wellness
- Get up early in the morning. The Miracle Morning inspired me to get up early and set the tone for a productive day.
- Make your bed every morning.
- Drink plenty of water each day. Before you drink any tea or coffee in the morning, drink a glass of warm water first. I like having half a squeezed lemon in the water.
- Eat a good breakfast. It is a very important start to a healthful day.
- Start exercising in the morning. Spend 5 minutes to do a few simple stretches is good to start the day.
- Drink fewer sodas.
- Carry a reusable water bottle everywhere. I’ve always loved to choose a glass water bottle over plastic.
- Eat better. Eat whole foods and eliminate the processed ones.
- Create a morning routine that helps you focus your mind and sets you up for success.
- Create a nighttime routine for better sleep. e.g. Turn off your electronic gadgets at least 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Set a regular bedtime and get an adequate amount of sleep. Most adults need 7 to 8 hours of good quality sleep on a regular schedule each night.
- Create a meal plan. Planning your meals to avoid food waste. It helps to save money on groceries and eat a more nutritious diet.
- Cook from scratch. Eating real food with different colors and variety. It’s simple and tastes better and nutritious.
- Keep your eating routine healthy and simple. No more junk food.
- Keep healthy snacks handy. Almonds, fruit, whole grain crackers and cheese can keep you full longer.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Find the age group and sex in the chart to see how many servings of vegetables and fruit you need every day.
- Go meatless once a week.
- Get out for a walk and take the stairs whenever you can.
- Ride a bike to work if possible. It does not only save you money but also good for your health and the environment.
- Regular exercise. There are so many reasons to start working out today. It’s good for your body and improves your mental health as well.
- Practice self-care daily even if you’re busy. Taking time for yourself isn’t selfish. Find time for “me” time to relax. It can prevent burnout and reduce stress.
- Create a cozy relaxing space in your home. This will help you to unwind and destress. Grab your favorite drink, light a bunch of candles, do something you like after a long day at work. e.g. yoga, a bubble bath, reading, drawing, listening to music, etc.
- Practice slow deep breathing when you’re feeling stressed. It can calm your mind.
- Slow down and enjoy the present moment.
- Getting outside to relax. Nature can have a powerful effect on our mental state. Walking in nature can help improve our physical and mental health.
- Gardening. It promotes health and wellness. Go outside and get your hands dirty. You will have your own fresh vegetables in your backyard. And you know what kinds of fertilizers come with your food.
- Make daily meditation. There are so many benefits of meditation. My physiotherapist taught me to practice meditation to relieve stress. Meditation helps me relax and sleep better.
- Practice mindfulness. Being present in the moment. Here are 10 Easy ways you can practice mindfulness.
- Be kind to yourself. Don’t forget to give yourself a break. Take time to do something you love and brings you joy.
- Take a nap. A 30-minute nap is a good way to revive your energy.
- Quit smoking.
- Floss and have a regular dental appointment.
Goals and Productivity
- Set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) goals and then break them down into smaller goals like yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily goals. Establish a time frame can keep you motivated and move on your big goals.
- Make an action plan for your goals. “A goal without a plan is just a wish”.
- Break large tasks down into bite-sized, more manageable tasks and don’t overload.
- Review your goals daily.
- Make a daily to-do list and stay focused on your top 3 priorities. This helps you manage tasks efficiently.
Related Productivity article:
- Time blocking your day. When you block off your time to focus on the tasks at a time, you will get things done faster. It helps to manage your time to increase your productivity.
- Take breaks at work.
- Turn your phone on silent mode when you need to focus on your work.
- Celebrate every success, no matter how small the win. You’ll be more motivated to achieve the next goal.
- Make delegation effective. I know you can do it, but you can’t do everything yourself. Prioritize and delegate tasks to maximize productivity.
- Watch less TV.
- Learn new things that will excite you. Learn a new skill or find a new hobby. It can help you to reduce your stress level, get creative, and even earn extra money.
- Make a bucket list and write down your dreams. It creates excitement to keep you motivated to accomplish things.
- Create a vision board and visualize your dream life. Write down the affirmation words and print out the images that inspire you.
- Review the vision board at least once a day, you will naturally become more motivated to reach your goals. You can take a look at my vision board if you like. 🙂
- Repeat affirmations for achieving goals. Say your affirmations in front of a mirror and repeat them every day. It helps to keep you motivated, overcome your limiting belief, and create a positive mindset for goals success.
- Master your skills and put them into practice every day.
- Be consistent. Consistency is the key to success. Consistency makes progress and brings better results.
- Don’t give up too early just because it’s hard and without seeing instant results. Success takes time and hard work.
- Don’t wait to make it perfect. Stop waiting for the perfect time. You’ll learn and improve every day. Quote by Napoleon Hill, “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along.”
- Get out of the comfort zone. Successful people do not fear to step outside of their comfort zone. You will learn and grow when you take challenges and try new things.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you get stuck.
- Life can be hard. Surround yourself with supportive and positive people who will cheer you up and encourage you.
- Be confident. Everyone has their own strengths and abilities. Be yourself and always do your best.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Don’t feel like you won’t get there. Quote by Jerry Corstens, “Don’t compare your progress with that of others. We all need our own time to travel our own distance.” Believe in yourself and focus on your journey.
- No more excuses. “I don’t have time.” “It’s not the right time now, will do it someday.” “What if something goes wrong?” All these limiting beliefs can hold you back from success. They also make you keep procrastinating and will never get your job done.
- Do a weekly brain dump for a clearer mind.
- Read every day for 15 minutes. I love reading self-help books.
- Listen to Audiobooks. Hard to find time to read all the books? You can listen to audiobooks while doing chores or commuting. Have a free trial on Audible audiobooks now.
- Keep a daily journal. Write down your thoughts and feelings to help clarify your thinking.
- Stop worrying. Negative thoughts turn your mind off and will get you fear, strive to develop good thoughts in your head. Stop worrying about anything that not happens yet. Even when something goes wrong, turn your attention to fix it rather than worry about it.
- More laughter. Laughter relieves stress and relaxes the whole body.
- Keep a gratitude journal and make yourself count blessings each night. It will improve your wellbeing and reduce stress.
- Being open-minded. Learn to see things from different views and suggestions help you grow and learn each day.
- Let go of the past. Learn to forgive yourself and others. Move ahead, focus on the present and future.
Organizing Your Life
- Customize a meal plan based on your family’s favorite and needs. Make the shopping list before grocery shopping. By planning your meals, you’ll spend less, save time and reduce food waste.
- Schedule a single day to run your errands. This will save you time, gas and money.
- Cook once, eat twice. With batch cooking, you will save so much time on busy weeknights.
- Invest in an Instant Pot. It cooks food fast and helps you spend less time in the kitchen.
- Pack your lunch and pick clothes the night before so you can get out of the door on time with less stress.
- Simplify your life. Living with less stuff and stop buying things you don’t need.
- Regular purge is one of the best ways to maintain your home clean and tidy.
- Apply the clean as you go principle to keep your home clean and organized.
Related Simplifying and Organizing Life articles:
- Create a simple wardrobe. Give away or sell the clothing you don’t want or doesn’t fit anymore.
- Use the 2-minute rule to stop procrastinating. If the task takes less than 2 minutes, do it right now.
- Implement a “one in, one out” rule. Every time you buy something new, get rid of something old. This helps to avoid physical clutter.
- Find all the makeup you need, streamline your makeup collection and keep them organized.
- Downsize your handbag collection. Declutter your purse regularly and get a purse organizer to keep things organized. Purse organizer can also help you switch bag easily.
- Donate books you no longer read.
- Give away or sell your unwanted stuff locally or online.
- DIY cleaning solution to clean your house. They are natural, easy to make and effective.
- Buy in bulk can save you big bucks. You will know which item you should buy in bulk when you check the cost per unit and compare prices.
- Eliminate paper clutter. Set up a filing system for papers you need to keep. Try to digitize everything and switch to the Cloud file storage system like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Create a budget and stick to it. Always keep track of how much and what you spend on.
- Write down your financial goals. For example, pay off a mortgage faster by putting $3000 extra each year, save for your kid’s education, save for retirement, etc.
- Pay yourself first. I think everyone should do this. Automatically transfer 20% of your paycheque to your savings account on the payday. Start small if you think your money is tight.
- Establish an emergency fund as a top priority. Unanticipated stuff may happen. The money set aside for emergency provides financial security to you and your family.
- Stop impulse buying. Impulsive spending can wreck your financial goals. Ask yourself if you really need that stuff or you just want it. Don’t buy it, wait and see if you still want it the next day.
- Eliminate unnecessary expenses. e.g. Pack your own lunch to work, make coffee at home, always pay bills on time to avoid late charges, call your service provider to negotiate a better price of cable, phone and internet charges, etc.
- Do your research and buy things when they are on sale. Use coupons or coupon codes if available. Cash back credit cards and some cash back programs like Ebates can save you money.
- Learn how to invest.
- Stay away from negative and toxic people. They can undermine your confidence, make you feel drained and unmotivated.
- Spend time with passionate and like-minded people. They can make you want to dream bigger, work on the next level, lift you up and hold you accountable.
- Learn to say no and be true to yourself. Focus your time and energy on what matters most.
- Perform random acts of kindness. Being kind to others is good for your soul.
- Spend time with your loved ones. Let them know you love them. Kiss, hugs and say I love you.
- Meet up with friends. “Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief.” – Swedish Proverb. A true friend shows up no matter what and listens to you.
- Unplug for a moment. Enjoy the precious time with your family without electronics.
- Volunteering makes us feel good. You give your time or skills in the community that can improve the lives of others. You can also meet new people and gain valuable life experience.
I hope the above self-growth tips will help you create your dream life. Design your own self-improvement plan. Choose an area you need to work on and apply them in your own life. These self-improvement tips will help you succeed, make life a whole lot easier and change your life for the better.