Not long ago we came back home after a one-month vacation. The experience was so valuable to us and we all enjoyed quality time together as a family.
Coming back after the vacation, there were a lot of things pending to do. My work, my daughter’s activities, running errands, doing chores, etc.
What I want to say is there were millions of things in my head at that time. I started feeling overwhelmed. I couldn’t focus and lack of motivation to move on.
I wanted to free up my mind. While you guys do spring clean the house, I felt like I urged to spring clean my mind too.
This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
The Most Powerful Way to Clear the Mental Clutter
I immediately grabbed a notebook and wrote everything down. It’s so-called a brain dump. Dumping a to-do list, ideas and thoughts on the paper.
Doing a brain dump helps me to get back on track. It’s one of the most powerful techniques to free up the mental space. It helps me to feel calmer and less stressful.
How to do a brain dump?
- Write down everything that you’re thinking about what you’ve to do, you need to do, and you plan to do.
- Feel free to write down anything and everything on your mind, random thoughts and ideas.
- No need to be organized when brain dumping.
- Once everything is on the paper, it’s time to organize the list.
- You now have to start a new page to make a list and schedule.
- I like to do it in my Bullet Journal; maybe you want to do it on Apps. Do whatever you like to make it easier for yourself.
- Organize and prioritize the to-do list. Anything that needs to get done today, this week or this month. Make them the lists and put them on your schedule.
- No more overwhelming because you can now focus the thing that needs to do in your time frame.
I love brain dumping and usually do it once a week. Getting the thoughts out of the head on the paper helps me to gain clarity. Mental clutter just like physical clutter, it can cause stress and procrastinate tasks in daily life.
You Might Also Like:
Clear the mental clutter from my mind helps to relieve stress and get back my energy. Helping me to improve concentration, become calmer and work productively.
While there are some other useful ways to de-stress your mind and relax your body. Brain dumping the thoughts is one of the most powerful ways to clear the mental clutter and reduce stress.
Do you write down your lists on paper when you feel overwhelmed? Or using an app to help you out? Please share in the comments.
Follow me on Social Media: