Live simply helps to eliminate the unnecessary stuff around you. This not only brings you a clutter-free home but also make you have more free time, less stress and save more money. Learning how to simplify your life will let you find joy and focus on your goals.
Today, I’m going to share some of the tips to help you simplify and organize your life. Start to simplify your life and you’ll get back your time and energy to focus on what truly matters to you.
This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
25 Ways to Simplify and Organize Your Life in 2018
1. Anything that no longer serves you needs to go. Anything that you’re not using in the past year, not fitting you anymore or you not loving it anymore, just purge it.
2. Start small. It might be overwhelming at first when you start to declutter your whole house. Get a timer and start to do it 15 minutes daily. One room at a time and you’ll find the time goes so fast and you’ve done so much.
3. Use a system to keep things organized. After you get rid of clutter, set up a system to keep things organized and easily accessible. Don’t buy anything like containers to store your stuff until you clear the clutter. Remember, declutter first, organize second.
4. Make a to-do list the night before you go to bed. Write down the top three things that you need to accomplish the next day. This will keep your focus on the important tasks without wasting time.
5. Keep a planner and calendar for yourself and family. No appointments or events will be missed. I love my Midori Traveler’s Notebook and it goes with me every day.
Use Everything You Have Before Buying a New One
6. Use up all those skin care and cosmetics before purchase a new one. Foods in the pantry that have been stay for a while and not using, check if expire, use it or lose it.
Simplify Your Closet
7. Clean your closet or try a capsule wardrobe when your closet door always not shut. Sell or donate the clothes you never worn, not worn in the past year or not fit you anymore. Create a simple wardrobe will help you save money and get rid of clutter.
Simplify Your Diet
8. Have a meal plan and write down the list before grocery shopping. Doing this helps you to save time and money for multiple trips and avoid the grocery waste.
9. Cook simple meals and do batch cooking. Home cooked meals are always more nutrient than the take-out. Do batch cooking and it’ll save you so much time in the kitchen during the busy weeknights.
Simplify Your Kitchen
10. Reduce kitchen clutter by purging any unnecessary duplicates.
11. Clean as you go. Clean up between tasks, which means washing or putting away dirty dishes, clean up spills right away to avoid a mess after cooking.
Simplify Your Home
12. Downsize to a smaller home.
13. Create routines to clean and declutter regularly. When you do it regularly, things will move on easier. Identify what you really need that will help you in the process of decluttering.
14. Do laundry multiple times a week. I personally do a load of laundry every day.
Simplify Your Finance
15. Set a budget and keep track of it. Never live beyond your means.
16. Automate your savings by setting up a direct deposit of 10% or more of your paycheck into your savings account.
17. Automate your bill payments to eliminate the paper clutter and avoid late payment.
18. Save money by cutting your cable. Watch less TV and you’ll find much more time to work and accomplish your goals.
19. Spend money wisely. Think twice before your purchase. Do you really need it? Or you just want it?
Related post:16 Ways to Save Money with a Minimalist Mindset
Simplify Your Mind
20. Be positive and learn to let go. We are what we think. Positive thinking helps you move forward, boost your motivation and productivity. Negative thoughts will bring you stress. Your stress will not solve the problem and may affect your health.
21. Journaling helps you to reduce your mental clutter. Get the thoughts out of your head down on paper will help you gain clarity and a different insight.
22. Say no more often if you don’t want to spend time on something that you not love.
23. Clearing distractions. Limit your screen time. Set a specific timeframe for checking email and social media. They could eat up your time if you don’t set a limit.
24. Take time for your health. Make time to do exercise and get enough sleep.
25. Slow down and make time for yourself. Schedule a “me time” each day and allow yourself to relax, enjoy your own quiet moment and do something you love. It benefits your health and mental well-being.
I hope the above tips will motivate you to start simplifying your life in 2018. Are you going to challenge yourself to start doing it? Let me know in the comment, I’d love to know.
You Might Also Like: