Today, I’m going to share a complete Room-by-Room Spring Cleaning Checklist with you.
Spring is on its way. It’s the perfect time to deep clean our house. It’s time to open some windows and let the fresh air in after a long winter.
Get rid of the unused stuff, dust and clean the whole house to welcome warmer weather.
Spring cleaning can be a daunting task if you don’t have a plan.
With the spring cleaning checklist template below, you can easily deep clean every room in your home, from the entryway, kitchen, living room, dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, home office, laundry to the garage without getting overwhelmed.
Before digging in the spring cleaning list, I’ve some of my favorite seasonal cleaning tips for you.
Also, want to have some deep-cleaning tips and hacks to make spring cleaning so much faster and easier? Don’t forget to read this post.
This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Seasonal House Cleaning Tips:
1// Having all the cleaning supplies ready and easily accessible
Make sure you have all the cleaning products you’ll need before you start cleaning.
If you like using homemade cleaners as much as I do, make them ahead of time. Organize all the cleaning supplies and tools in the cleaning caddy.
Carry the caddy with you from room to room while you clean. This will save you time and make the cleaning so much easier.
2// List of essential cleaning supplies and tools:
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
- Paper towels (optional)
- Extendable duster
- Broom and dustpan
- Scrub brush
- Magic Eraser
- All-purpose cleaner
- Tub & tile cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Toilet brush
- Disinfecting wipes
- Baking soda
- Cleaning gloves
- Trash bags
- Laundry basket (for the things that your family members need to sort through and organize)
3// Use this Step-by-Step Deep Cleaning Checklist
Download your free spring cleaning checklist PDF below and print it out.
This complete room-by-room deep cleaning guide is easy to follow and will help you stay organized.
Having a cleaning checklist schedule on hand also helps ensure that you stay on track and not missing out on any important tasks.
4// Break up the cleaning into a few weekends
You don’t have to do all the spring cleaning tasks in one weekend. Make a plan and split up the tasks into a few weekends.
You have to know what you really need to tackle. If you already have a daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning routine, you tend to have a clean home. You just need to focus on the seasonal cleaning chores like stove cleaning, washing windows and window sills, declutter and clean the entryway, etc.
5// Get everyone involved
Get your whole family involved in cleaning. Kids can also do lots of household chores. They can help organize toys, wipe down baseboards, wipe down surfaces, dust furniture, sweep floors, etc. Make a list of chores that your kids can be done.
6// Set a timer
Set a timer for more efficient cleaning. When time is up, move on to the next task.
Keep moving ahead. Don’t get stuck on a specific thing that will spend your extra time. For example, when you vacuum, you find unexpected carpet stains. You then take out the carpet cleaner and spend extra 20 or 30 minutes to remove that tough carpet stains. Don’t do that! Just write down the tasks you need to tackle on a separate list. Schedule those tasks for another date in your weekly or monthly cleaning routine. It helps the cleaning more efficient and manageable.
Efficient House Cleaning Tips
1// Always clean your room from top to bottom.
You know gravity, so remove the cobwebs from the ceiling and edges first, then dust ceiling fan, light fixtures, and wall hangings, and then dust furniture, all surfaces, and the last one should be the floors and baseboards.
2// Always dust first and vacuum later.
Use an extendable duster to clean high ceilings, ceiling fan and hard-to-reach areas. I like using this extendable microfiber duster to dust top shelving and high blinds. It helps to trap dust easily. It is one of our essential cleaning tools for home cleaning.
3//When you’re using a new cleaning product, test it on an inconspicuous area first to make sure it will not lead to any damage to your object.
4//Follow directions while using cleaning products and use your time management strategies.
For example, apply the cleaning solutions to the bathtub and toilet bowl, and let them soak for 10 minutes before scrub and rinse. Use this 10-minute time to clean your mirror, wipe down the bathroom sink and countertop, declutter under the sink cabinet, etc. So when you come back to clean the tub and toilet bowl, you can easily scrub the grime away.
The Ultimate Room-by-Room Spring Cleaning Checklist (Free Printable)
Deep cleaning to-do tasks for the entire home
- Wash windows inside and out
- Clean sliding door tracks
- Clean window sills and tracks
- Clean window screens
- Launder drapes/ Dust blinds
- Wipe down baseboards and trim
- Vacuum vent covers
- Clean walls and doors
- Dust ceiling fans
- Dust light fixtures
- Dust shelves and wall hangings
- Wipe down mirrors and picture frames
- Remove cobwebs from ceiling, edges and corners
- Wipe down and disinfect all light switches, doorknobs, railings, keypads, remote controls, etc.
- Vacuum and wash all floors
- Steam clean carpet
- Replace furnace filter
- Test and change batteries in the smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector
- Shake out or replace entry mat
- Clean winter boots and pack them up
- Clean out the entry closet, wash all the winter hats, gloves and scarves and put them away
- Wipe down shelves and doors
- Organize coat closet
- Dust and wipe down any furniture
- Clean and disinfect high traffic surfaces like door handles and light switches
- Toss any old or expired items
- Put away all those small appliances that you don’t use regularly
- Wipe down all surfaces (countertops and kitchen table)
- Wipe down top and front of cabinets
- Wipe down cupboard shelves
- Clean out cabinets and drawers
- Clean and organize pantry
- Wipe down inside, outside and top of the fridge
- Organize fridge and freezer.
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Clean range hood and filter
- Deep clean oven
- Wipe down backsplash
- Wipe down microwave
- Deep clean dishwasher
- Clean grout
- Declutter and dust decor
- Clean upholstered furniture
- Polish wood furniture
- Wash throws and pillows
- Declutter and organize an entertainment center. Purge unused CDs, DVDs, video games, cords and wires, magazines, etc.
- Wipe down table and chairs
- Clean chair pads
- Launder table linens
- Pick dirty clothes and random things up from the floor and put them back in their proper places
- Wash all winter clothes before packing them away
- Clean and organize closet (Donate unused clothing)
- Wash all bedding (pillows, sheets, mattress covers, duvet covers, blankets, throw pillows, etc.)
- Vacuum mattresses
- Flip/ Rotate mattresses
- Toss expired makeup and personal care products
- Clear clutter under the bed
- Clean countertops and sinks
- Clean toilets inside and out
- Clean mirrors and decor items
- Clean showerheads
- Wash/ Replace shower curtains
- Wash bathmats
- Scrub bathtubs/ shower
- Declutter and organize cabinets
- Declutter books
- Dust bookshelves
- Organize papers and file important documents
- Sort through the file cabinet and remove any unnecessary old files
- Recycle or shred old papers that are not useful
- Organize office supplies
- Wipe down desk and all surfaces
- Clean computer screen, disinfect frequently touched objects like keyboard, mouse, headphones, phone, etc.
- Clean washing machine inside and out
- Clean lint trap
- Wipe down the exterior of the dryer
- Vacuum behind the machines
- Clean laundry hamper
- Wipe down shelving and organize laundry supplies
- Get rid of things you don’t want or need anymore. e.g. old paint cans, outgrown clothes, toys and games, sports equipment, empty cardboard boxes, etc.
- Wipe down any shelving
- Organize tools and equipment
- Sweep and wash the floor
Final Thought on Spring Cleaning
The above thorough room-by-room deep cleaning list not only can be used in spring cleaning but also for various times of the year. Be sure to grab this ultimate free printable room-by-room spring cleaning checklist to help schedule and keep track of your entire house cleaning tasks.
When it comes to cleaning, adopting cleaning and decluttering habits can make a big difference.
If you have a cleaning routine schedule by breaking down household chores into daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal to-do tasks, your home will always stay clean and tidy.
Don’t forget to reward yourself and your family when the chores are done.
If for some reason you can’t accomplish the spring cleaning, ask someone to help or consider outsourcing parts of these seasonal cleaning tasks.
For more easy cleaning and homemaking tips for a clean and organized home, check out the following posts: