Do you declutter and organize your purse regularly? I used to have unhealthy handbag habits that made me had a neck and shoulder pain, and pinched nerves. I didn’t realize I had an over-weight handbag until I saw my family doctor and complaining about the pain.
That large tote bag was one of my favorite handbags. I was likely to put more stuff in when I carried that huge bag. Plus, that leather purse itself is heavy. It added unnecessary weight when I was carrying. I didn’t realize it was “heavy” just because I carried it every day. I so got used to it.
Over the past few years, I downsized from my large tote bag to a smaller purse. A lighter purse helps to minimize my pain. And this also made me think about what things I really need to put in my purse.
Since then, I have started to adopt a new habit. Decluttering and organizing my purse once a week and only keep useful things in my bag. That means I only keep essential items in my bag for everyday use.
This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Simple Ways to Declutter and Organize Your Purse
- Take out all the things from the bag and use a lint roller to clean the interior of the bag.
- Toss the old receipts, old tissues, and papers, etc.
- Then, put things back into the purse. But remember, only put things that are essentials of what you need in your purse. You don’t want to add extra weight to the purse, right?
- To keep things organized and easily be found, use cosmetics bags or zippered pouches to store your tiny things like band-aids, hand sanitizer, portable cell phone charger, sticky notes, lipstick, etc.
- Use a purse organizer if you change bag often. Purse organizer keeps all the things in place and makes you switch purse so much easier. With all the pockets and zippered pouches, all things can be easily kept organized. Want to have one? Check it out on Amazon.
- Simplify your wallet as well. I used to have a card holder to keep all my loyalty cards. But now I use an app like Stocard to store all my rewards cards. I only have to show the barcode on my phone and have it scanned by the cashier. I no longer have to carry all the cards with me.