Simplifying your life is not as hard as you think. Physically, you have too many things occupy your room which makes you not enjoy living there. Mentally, while there are too many things in your head, you don’t even focus on your work. I know, I could totally understand and feel it.
There were a lot of changes for me in the last few years.
I started to ask myself what is the most truly important to me. I have a great family that I love and I want to spend more time with them. Time spent in cleaning the house just made me crazy. I want to have much more spaces in our house to relax and enjoy, not buried by the clutter. I want to save much money, not go online shopping and buy something that I already have.
Yes, I then clearly know what I desire for and I’m so determined to simplify my life for the future. Today, I have some ideas for you to start simplifying your life to happiness. To get you started, here are 7 easy ways to simplify your life.
This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
7 Easy Ways to Start Simplify Your Life that will make your life happier
- De-clutter and get organized. You now have to start to purge things in every corner of your house. We only keep things that we use and love. I started with my daughter’s bedroom. We donated all her baby’s clothes, just keeping a few pieces that we love to have the sweet memories.
All toys that are not playing more than a year need to go. During the process, you better finish one room and move on next.
I did get rid of tons of kitchen utensils. They are all duplicates, I chose one that I love and gave the extra to my friends. Lastly, we use bins and containers to sort things. Everything has to keep tidy, organized and easily accessible.
- Use everything you already have. We always like to buy in bulk on sale. But, do you have uneaten food goes rotten before finish it and end up toss in the trash?
It just wastes the food and money. To avoid grocery waste, do the weekly meal planning and write a shopping list. Instead of buying a bulk of meat, check your fridge and freezer first to see if you have those already.
Use everything before you buy something new. It is not limited to your grocery, even your cosmetics, and skincare products, only purchase a new one when it is completely used up.
- Spend money wisely. I always plan ahead before purchasing an expensive item. You need to do some research before you go.
All because I don’t need them today, I would go online to check the product reviews, get to know the prices and quality, compare prices with different retail and wait for a good deal.
For the clothing, that is no point to pay a full price for the same item if you can be patient and get it half price when the item is on sale.
Before you buy anything, ask yourself: Do I need this? Do I have the similar thing home? Do I use it?
- Making lists. Get yourself a planner, notepad or go digital, sit down and make a list of tasks that you need to accomplish. I don’t know about you. I always like to plan ahead, write down what I need to do, what I need to buy, what ideas I want to share. I feel like I’m more efficient and organized in the busier days.
- Stay positive. Since unpleasant and negative thoughts turn your mind off and will get you fear, strive to develop good thought in your head.
Stop worrying about anything that not happens yet. Even when something goes wrong, turn your attention to fix it rather than worry about it. Make yourself count blessings each night.
- Learn to say no. I know it could be difficult to say no when there are opportunities, offers or invites to us, but always focus on the things that matter to you.
You have to learn to say no politely when you feel you don’t have time to make it. Look over your main priorities and just stay true to yourself. Identify what and who is more important to you and spend your valuable time with them.
- Exercise. Not really need to buy a gym membership to make yourself exercise. You just only need a comfortable wear and go in nature.
Take walks and touch the nature in the fresh air, let go of all stress and enjoy being calm. Go in nature is a simple and soothing way for you to refresh and relax your body and mind. I found myself content and tranquil in nature.
You Might Also Like:
I hope all the above will motivate you to start simplifying your life. Let go all the unnecessary possessions, live and enjoy fully every each moment of life.
Follow me on Social Media: